By : Compliance Online
Date : 2011
Location : United States US / Palo Alto
In this Food safety training learn about Food preservation, traditional heat treatment, emerging food processing technologies, sterilization, shelf stable products, low acid foods, US FDA and USDA regulations, Health Canada, new regulatory terms and definitions, novel foods, high hydrostatic.
compliance, Preservation, Sterilization, food industry, low acid foods
Sterilisation unit operation is directed towards achieving shelf stability or commercial sterility through microorganisms removal or inactivation including spores. Traditionally, the food industry used heat to sterilize foods. In current times, where the role of the consumer has become leading and necessary, food production systems are no longer supply-driven but become more demand-driven. As a result of consumer demands for foods that are fresher, more natural, or minimally processed and additive-free, new physical methods of treatment are emerging for shelf-life extension and are under broad development.
Essential terms and definitions of sterilization process in the production of low acid foods (LAF) will be presented. In addition, general approaches for the establishment of sterilization process using traditional thermal and emerging techniques will be discussed.
Buy : Alternative Food Preservation: Pasteurization Also available on Conferensum
- Learn about new technologies that can be used for sterilisation and requirements for process design.
- Assist to make the right choices to satisfy modern society requirements for safe and healthy products.
- Understand the new regulatory terms and definitions.
- Understand the specific emerging technologies that are the best fit for different categories of foods.
Who Will Benefit:
- Quality Assurance Managers
- Production Managers
- Laboratory Managers
- Food Safety Personnel
- HACCP Coordinators
- Government Food Inspectors
- Sanitation Managers
- Corporate and Plant Microbiologists
- Processing Engineers
- Operations Supervisors and Managers
- Food Technologists
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- Food preservation technologies.
- Food safety.
- Low acid foods.
- Traditional thermal technologies .
- Advanced thermal technologies.
- Regulatory terms and definitions.
- Sterilization definition and techniques.
- Emerging food processing technologies.
- High pressure.
- Microwave heating.
- Process required microbial log reduction.
- Food Safety Objective.
- Safe process design.
Organizer : Compliance OnlineComplianceOnline is a Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society(RAPS) RA Professional Development Portal provider. ComplianceOnline is committed to enhancing the ongoing professional development of regulatory affairs professionals and other stakeholders through appropriate regulatory affairs learning activities and programs ComplianceOnline has agreed to follow RAPS-established operational and educational criteria